OHSAA includes students with disabilities at the State Track and Field Meet each year. Events include:
- Boys and Girls
- 100, 400 and 800 meter wheelchair events
- Shot Put
Eligibility information can be found here. Overview:
- Academically eligible students with a physical impairment are permitted to participate (not restricted to wheelchair users).
- Coaches must fill out an “Adapted Sports Verification Form.”
- Each event has a time/distance requirement that must be met in order to attend the State Meet.
- Students are required to use a racing wheelchair.
Equipment: ASPO has a limited number of racing wheelchairs available on loan for students who wish to participate. Guidelines apply. Participation in a regional training is required. Regional Training Information is posted here: http://adaptivesportsohio.org/regional-trainings.
Coaches: ASPO’s regional trainings provide a complete overview of wheelchair racing and coaching. Regional Training Information is posted here: http://adaptivesportsohio.org/regional-trainings.
For additional assistance email: email@example.com or call 330-985-0085.