3 on 3 Wheelchair Basketball Tournament
Round up your team of 3-5 people, whether it’s friends, family, or co-workers, and give wheelchair Round up your team of 3-5 people, whether it’s friends, family, or co-workers, and give wheelchair basketball a try while raising money and awareness for Adaptive Sports Ohio. Anyone with or without a disability can come out and play! This event may be a fundraiser, however it is also a great team-building opportunity for any organization and a great opportunity to experience first-hand the joy that adaptive sports bring to our athletes. We have to cap the number of teams in the tournament each year so register early to guarantee your team a spot.
When: May 1, 2022, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Schedule will be sent once registration closes.)
Where: Gault Recreation Center – 515 Oldman Rd., Wooster, OH 44691
Who: Teams of 3-5 people with or without disabilities.
Cost: $350.00 per team (Teams may request an Adaptive Sports Ohio wheelchair basketball player for their team.)
What You Get: A great time, minimum of 2 games, commemorative shirt, water, snacks, a chance to win the tournament trophy and satisfaction from supporting athletes with disabilities! (wheelchairs provided)
Contact: To learn more or sign up, call 330-601-1400 or email email@example.com.
- Three Divisions (described below). If less than three teams register in one division, those teams will be moved to another division.
- Minimum of two games.
- 20 minute games, with 5 minute warm-ups and a 2 minute halftime. Warm-ups and halftime will be reduced if needed to ensure games are running on time.
- Games will run every 30 mins.
- Teams are encouraged to wear spirit themed clothing.
- Basketball wheelchairs, commemorative shirt, food and snacks will be provided.
- Players cannot be dual rostered (they can only be on one team).
In order to maintain competitive equity and to give more teams the opportunity to compete and experience success at their skill level, Adaptive Sports Ohio is dividing the annual 3 on 3 Wheelchair Basketball Tournament into three separate divisions starting in 2022. All teams must register in advance. When registering, team captains will register in one of the following tournament divisions:
- Most competitive division.
- Teams with more than 2 disabled athletes 12 years old and up will automatically be placed in this division.
- Rules: Traveling, 10 second, and 3 second violations will be called. Excessive chair and physical contact fouls will be called. Free throws will be administered for shooting fouls. The clock will stop in the last one minute of the first and second half.
- The tournament draw will happen the day of the competition to determine tournament schedules.
- Second most competitive division.
- No more than 2 disabled athletes will be allowed per team.
- Rules: Traveling, 10 second, and 3 second violations will be called when egregious. Excessive chair and physical contact fouls will be called. Free throws will not be taken. Instead, the ball will be taken out of bounds. Running clock the entire game.
- Teams that win this division will get bumped up to Division I the following year if 50% or more of the team is returning. However, if the team’s competitiveness is significantly impacted by players not returning, the team may appeal this 50% rule and Adaptive Sports Ohio may allow the team to remain in Division II.
- Recreational division.
- Rules: Traveling will be called when egregious. Aggressive and excessive chair and physical contact fouls will be called. Free throws will not be taken. Instead, the ball will be taken out of bounds. Running clock the entire game.
- Teams that win this division will be encouraged, but not required, to bump up to Division II the following year if 50% or more of the team is returning.
Final division placements will be at the discretion of Adaptive Sports Ohio. If we believe that a team that has placed themselves in a lower division will be too dominant for that level of competition, we reserve the right to bump the team up to a more appropriate division.
If you’re interested in sponsoring our 2022 event, please contact Lisa Followay.